Swiftwater Safety & Rescue for Professionals
This course is aimed at equipping rescue personnel with the skills and techniques necessary for dealing effectively with swiftwater rescue situations. The course is very practical in nature. The emphasis is on simple, effective techniques using available equipment.
Course duration: 5 days
– A reasonable fitness level as the course is extremely practical and physical
– A Competent swimmer ( Candidates not efficient in swimming will get a certificate for land based activities if competent in that)
– Good Health
– Persons under the age of 21 must contact us prior to the course so that your parents or guardian can sign the waiver form and send back to us before the course.
Recommended reading: Swiftwater Rescue by Slim Ray – A Manual for the Rescue Professional. Available on Kalahari.net (Not included in the price.)
– River Features and Hazards
– Rescuer Skills
– Principles of rescue
– Rope work
– Practical drills on river
NSRI Natal, Durban Metro Rescue, BHP Billiton Fire and Proto Teams, Cape Ambulance School, Metro Rescue, Netcare 911, SAPS, Fezile Dabi Local Municipality Fire Fighters, IPSS
R3 990.00 per trainee with own equipment including 14 % VAT or
R4 990.00 per trainee with Whitewater Training Equipment including 14 % VAT
– Course material including booklet
– Letter of attendance
– Attendance certificate
Price does not include:
– Accommodation (We recommend for camping: Shiloh-Shalom (Frieda Botha on 082 450 5627. For backpacking and self-catering: Parys Adventure Lodge (http://paryslodge.com/). For up market self-catering: Egweni (http://www.egweni.co.za/)
What you need to bring:
– Pen and note book
– Each unit/candidate must bring their own rescue equipment/team equipment. This includes boats, ropes, carabiners, rope access equipment as well as any equipment that you would use in your own working environment.
– Helmet, PFD (Personal Flotation Device), throwbag, 1 sling, 1 prussik, 1 screwgate carabiner. All the above equipment can be ordered from our shop – please phone 056 811 2597 or email email@example.com for more info and orders.
– The equipment mentioned above must only be brought along if the trainee did not pay the rental fee. Prices shown above.
– Parys, Vaal River, Free State. The Vaal River below Parys is where the largest volume of commercial rafting in the northern part of the country takes place. At normal levels rapids are grade 1-3, ideal for instruction. All our accommodation recommendations are within a 1km radius from our office. The venue for lectures and practical will be determined by the instructor.
– We also offer courses in other provinces/venues. Prices may vary, depending on location. Please contact the office for more info.
For a spot on our course or evaluation/assessment you can do the following:
- Email our Office Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Sales order.
- Wait for the Sales order, pay your deposit of 50% to secure your booking and send your proof of payment back via email.
- Wait for the date, pack your kit and come!
- Make sure that you pay the outstanding amount before the start of the course.
- We have a non-refundable cancellation policy.
Whitewater Training CC
First National Bank
Account number: 51081140480
Branch code: 230 736
Type: Current Account
*Please use your sales order number as reference.