Beginner Kayak School
The Beginner Kayak School is perfect for anyone who wants to start whitewater kayaking or paddling. This school is designed to provide a thorough grounding and get you to become a competent paddler; aware of the important characteristics of the rivers and your kayak. The hidden focus of the Beginner Kayak School is to have as much fun as possible!!
Course duration: 2 days
– A reasonable fitness level as the course is practical and physical.
– A competent swimmer (weaker swimmers should please let us know before booking).
– Good health
– Persons under the age of 18 must contact us prior to the course so that your parents or guardian can sign the waiver form and sent back to us before the course.
You will learn the basics of your boat in a controlled environment. You will then go onto a stretch of flat river to learn the correct paddling techniques and focus mainly on the eskimo roll.
Time: Summer: 08:00 & Winter: 09:00
On Sunday you will take an instructional paddle down a stretch of the Vaal and start kayaking on grade 1-3 rapids.
Key aspects of the course are:
– Introduction to kayaking
-Wet Exit (getting out of the kayak)
– Eskimo Roll
– Your Body & kayaking
– Self Rescue
– Basic Concepts
– Swiftwater Features
– River Hazards
– Running Rivers
– Where to from here?
R1 190.00 per person including 14 % VAT
R1 490.00 per person for a specialized 2-person kayak school including 14% VAT
R1 790.00 per person for a one on one school including 14% VAT
– Course materials including booklet, Certificate of attendance, etc.
– Use of equipment
– Camping for 1 night
What you need to bring:
– Personal Kit – River clothes, towel, toiletries, accessories such as nose plug
– Tent & bedding
– Cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
– Food & drink
– Parys, Vaal River, Free State. The Vaal River below Parys is where the largest volume of commercial rafting in the northern part of the country takes place. At normal levels rapids are grade 1 – 3 , ideal grades for instruction. The training camp will be next to the river at a selected campsite that provides electricity, braai facilities and ablusion. See map and directions on homepage.
– We also offer courses in other provinces/venues. Prices may vary, depending on location. Please contact the office for more info.
Dates and Bookings:
To find out the available dates and/or for a spot on our course you can now do the following:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking or call us on : 056 811 2597
Wait for your Sales order, pay your deposit of 50% to secure you booking and reply with your proof of payment.
Now wait for the date, pack your kit and come!
Make sure that you pay the outstanding amount before the start of the course.
We have a non-refundable cancellation policy.
Whitewater Training CC
First National Bank
Account number: 51081140480
Branch code: 230 736 (Parys)
Type: Current Account
* Please send your proof of payment to email@example.com and use your sales order number as reference.